Top 10 Looks for Spring/Summer 2010 (Part 1)

Since May is almost upon us and because I finally stopped procrastinating and looked through the thousands and thousands of pictures I have for this season alone and found TEN looks I think we should all be striving for.

(In no particular order)

Alexis Mabille

This is a perfect day look. A perfectly tailored pair of raw denim with a bold gingham shirt. So cool, so unpretentious, so relaxed. This is a look you can wear at Sunday brunch or going shopping or sitting at a cafe and people watching!







Bottega Veneta

Tomas Maier has NAILED this beach look. I picture this as the male version of a floor-length sundress. Not that it's a dress but the functionality and the overall feel. The sundress is this relaxed, casual, and sexy outfit women wear every day and something they could wear over their swimwear. This look from Bottega Veneta evokes that feeling to me. He could take off his loose fitting shirt (please do!), drop his signature Bottega woven bag on the sand and jump into the ocean.

Dries Van Noten

What would be a Spring/Summer look without a gorgeous print from Dries? The proliferation of the short shorts in everyday dress for men is encouraging. I see it when I walk around the city and it's no longer just gay men who wear these types of shorts. This look is so chic especially because of the juxtaposition of the demurely flamboyant print of the shorts and military dog-tag print on the shirt. Gorgeous, gorgeous. Dries is a master!





Salvatore Ferragamo

I'm no big fan of the double breasted suit but the very modern cut the jacket makes me forget the stigma in my head related to double-breasted suits. However, the rest of the look oh-so classically sartorial it aches my bones at how gorgeous and confident James Hampson looks, from the dual-tone shoes and the tilted hat and alligator portfolio. Perfect for a job interview!


Gianfranco Ferre

The modernity and fabric choices of Rimondi & Aquilano's collections for Ferre always astound me. The trench (waxed cotton or calfskin?) and the sleek and pristine white shirt, pants, and shoes make for a perfect outfit for a cool summer night.

------

Look for Part 2 tomorrow!